This is a specially designed system which vaporizes compounds
or mixtures of organic compounds and passes them through
individual catalytic converters. Furnaces are 10 kW electric,
split clamshell type with a castable refractory core. Tube
size is 6 inch diameter by ten feet long with type 316 stainless
steel furnace tubes. The products of this reaction
are then condensed and passed into a receiver. The system is
equipped with an agitated feed tank (300 gallons capacity) type
316 stainless steel, metering pumps, flow meters, and is controlled
on a continuous basis for temperature and flow rate. Typical
reaction temperature is 400°C. The system is equipped with a
scrubber to remove mists or gases generated.
Products Manufactured by Vapor Phase Reaction:
- Dehydration of piperazines to pyrazines
- Synthesis of pyrazines from glycols and amines
- Dehydration of aliphatic alcohols to olefins, basically
- Dehydration of glycols to dienes
- Dehydrogenation of terpenes to cyclic compounds
- Dimerization of low molecular weight aldehydes to aliphatic
unsaturated fatty aldehydes.
- Dehydrogenation of aliphatic alcohols to aldehydes
- Synthesis of methyl alkyl ketones from acetic acid and
- Synthesis of aryl ketones (acetophenones) from mixtures
of aromatic and aliphatic acids.
Vapor Phase Reaction System.